These brownies were made for a recent road trip down to LA with bf. Brownies are so addicting and easy to make–everytime I bake them I’m always cutting off corners and popping them into my mouth. This time I was looking for a twist of the usual, and I came across these Peanut Butter Brownies with swirled into the top. They’re rich, moist, crumbly yet fudgy, and it tasted like a peanut butter cup in the form of a brownie.
If you’re lacking time, just use a brownie box mix from the store as your base, add in the peanut butter mixture, and I promise nobody will be able to tell the difference. Some people call that cheating. Those people probably don’t have full time jobs. No judgement here. Let’s have another look:
These weren’t the only thing I baked for the trip… Strawberry Cupcakes are coming up next!
Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies
Peanut Butter Swirl:
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1 egg, and milk until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, 2 cups white sugar, and vanilla. Mix in the 3 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl, then mix into the batter. Stir in chocolate chips if desired.
4. Remove 3/4 cup of the chocolate batter, and pour the rest of the batter into the prepared pan. Spread the peanut butter filling over the top. Drop the reserved chocolate batter by teaspoonful over the filling. Using a knife, gently swirl through for a marbled effect.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out almost clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars